The SP-275 system, can be used to perform
a clean-up of excess carbon from your artwork - useful where solid/ bold
areas are present - to further prepare your artwork.
Flashing your design against Clean-Up
Paper removes excess/ ridges of carbon present on your design - ideal for
all laser prints.
Cleaning Up your
artwork in the SP-275
1. Turn on the SP-275 to a setting of 5 in
the PPC range
2. Cut out 2 pieces of Artwork Clean-Up
paper, slightly larger than your design area
3. Place the Clean-Up Paper down over the
SP-275 Stage Glass (both sides of the paper are the same)
4. Place your artwork over the paper, face
down, so as the paper covers ALL your design area.
NB: If your paper does not cover the design
area and the image the design, you risk burning the design into your Stage
Glass - avoid this at all costs. Place a piece of white paper over the design
if the Clean-Up Paper does not cover all areas.
5. Push the handle down to flash the
machine, lift handle and remove artwork/ paper
6. Gently peel the Clean-Up Paper off the
7. Repeat steps 3-6 on the second piece of
If the second piece removes a heavy load of
carbon this process can be repeated a third time.